Although writing is such an essential part of our daily routine, few people consider themselves good writers or even feel comfortable writing. This workshop aims to help you achieve that comfort. Over the course of three weeks, you will learn how to tell a good story, build an effective argument, and craft clear prose.
Key takeaways from this course are:
- Introduction to storytelling as the basis of impactful communication
- Lessons in voice and style for clarity and effectiveness
- Developing and structuring arguments through critical thinking and reading
- How the rules of writing can be applied to student life
- for essays and college applications
- Personalised discussion and feedback on each student's work
This program consists of 12 hours of Online Synchronous Learning & 15 hours of Assignments & Asynchronous Learning.
The facilitator, Kanika Jain is a writer and communications professional based in Mumbai. A former ABWA student, she graduated from the London School of Economics with a Master’s in Strategic Communications in 2019. Her work has appeared in publications like The Hindu and Huffington Post. She has also performed at the Tata Literature Live, one of the country/’s biggest literature festivals.