This course is an introduction to interdisciplinarity in the context of human health. The course will equip students to approach health from multiple perspectives. For example, by investigating advertisements related to health campaigns, students will examine the role of communication in the field of healthcare. The course will offer interactive assignments, in the form of making podcasts, writing blog posts, or designing sustainable housing!
Key takeaways from this course are:
- Evaluate the interdisciplinary approach by considering its strengths and limitations
- Examine Health as a multifaceted industry
- Develop skills in communication, analysis, critical thinking, and reading, by engaging with varying materials and activities
- An introduction to 4 new disciplines beyond the scope of what students typically study at school
- Real life examples of careers in each discipline, and an introduction to the inherently interdisciplinary nature of careers
This program consists of 12 hours of Online Synchronous Learning & 6 hours of Assignments & Asynchronous Learning.
The facilitator, Aanshi Gupta is a graduate in Arts & Sciences (BASc) from University College London. At University, Aanshi explored her interest in Health and International Development through the lens of multiple disciplines. Aanshi has interned with prestigious bodies such as the ‘Harvard T.H Chan School of Public Health’, and ‘India Sanitation Coalition’. She has also worked with global charities (such as Students for Global Health and Choose Love) to advocate for equal access to healthcare.