From learning by doing to learning by experiencing - learning in classrooms today needs to be inspired by and connected to the world outside to make it relevant and impactful. Unfortunately, most teaching-learning processes remain in the activity and fun phase, without measuring and reviewing learning and impact. This 4 session module aims to help teachers –
- Understand the approach and cycle of experiential education
- Learn about experiences that can be created in class, outside, at home and virtually
- Become aware of the processes and tools needed to plan, create and measure impact of such experiences
- Co-create experiences for their own students.
The program will follow the below schedule:
Session 1: What is Learning by experience - approach, principles and learning cycle?
Session 2: What are the different kinds of experiences that can be used – in the class and outside?
Session 3: How can we design meaningful and relevant learning experiences?
Session 4: Overcoming challenges of using experiential tools through well-planned, cross-curricular experiences
By the end of the program, the teachers will be able to
- Identify within their own curriculum the scope of using experiences
- Adapt ideas and examples shared to their own curriculum
- Plan and create learning experiences for their students.