Metacognition as a concept is increasingly becoming important in education. Metacognition refers to the ability of the student to think about their own thinking and choose helpful thought processes to enhance their learning. It captures a student’s ability to:
- Analyse how they think
- Have high self-awareness and control of their thoughts
- Choose an appropriate and helpful strategy for the task at hand.
The program will follow the below schedule:
Session 1: What is metacognition?
Session 2: How to develop metacognition in your classroom?
Session 3: Metacognition and self -reflecting
Session 4: Applying strategies for metacognition to different subject
By the end of the program, the participant will be able to:
- Define and describe key elements of metacognitive learning
- Discuss best practices for engaging students and having better metacognitive development
- To model students thinking and learning to make them independent learners
- Adapt Instructional materials for better student learning