This advanced program will take a primarily didactic instructional approach for the following purposes:
• fostering the learning and understanding of basic concepts;
• achievement of stated educational objectives;
• achievement of productive learning and attain required results.
Opportunities will be provided for participants to engage in experiential discussions (as allowed by time and group dynamic) to share and learn as applicable to the educational context of the region.
- Creating An Inclusive School Environment: A Model for School Leaders
- Inclusion Considerations for Students with Disabilities: Access for All in the General
- Identifying and Selecting Evidence-Based Practices and Programs
- Collaborating With Parents and Families
Become familiar with the concepts that school leaders and teachers should consider for creating inclusive school environments;
o Understand the concept of inclusion and its importance;
o Gain requisite knowledge to create an inclusive school environment and lead the change;
o Understand how to create and foster a climate for inclusion;
o Understand how to sustain an inclusive school environment.
Understand key classroom consideration promoting access for students with disabilities to the general education curriculum
o Understand how inclusion impacts outcomes for all learners.
Understand the importance of identifying and selecting evidence-based practices (EBPs) and programmes
o Know what an evidence-based practice or program is;
o Identify and use trustworthy sources to find EBPs;
o Know how to match resources and student needs to a practice or program;
o Understand how to evaluate related research for decision making.
Understand the factors that school personnel should understand about working with parents and families of children with disabilities.
o Recognize and celebrate diversity in families and the importance of involving families in the education process;
o Understand the impact of disabilities on families with children with disabilities;
o Building positive partnerships with parents and families.
(Inclusive of 18% GST)
Participants will receive a Certificate on completion of the course and evaluation.